Thursday, March 8, 2012

Say Yes to the Dress

For those of you who know, and do not know, I was on TLC's Say Yes to the Dress: Big Bliss for my friend Katie. She is getting married to her fiancee, Randy, this upcoming September with a Batman villain theme. I am her maid of honor, Poison Ivy, and accompanied her to New York City last August with our mutual friend Rachel (who will be Catwoman).

She was selected through an application process, which was followed by an essay about herself. When she was accepted she asked me to go, which I was delighted about, but frightened: WHAT DOES A GIRL WEAR?

The process was daunting but I tried to remember what would be fashion forward, fit my skin tone, not be unflattering (although I let my arms show, but they'd look big no matter what), and represent my taste. My boyfriend, Tim, wanted to pick out something for me to wear on television, so with great supervision he picked out a sleeveless top with a lace front. I did the rest and this is what happened:

DSC00335

Top: Banana Republic
Skirt: the LOFT
Shoes: Target
Bag: F21
Earrings: F21
Bracelet: the LOFT


We all signed waivers and had microphones placed inside our clothes. Randy and Sarah were FAB. The filming crew were very nice. I was put in the interview room, which none of the footage was used for the actual episode, and it was very intimidating. Too many rules and tenses to follow! All in all it was a great experience and I'm so glad to have done it!

As for Katie,because I'm sure you are all curious, this is what she ended up picking:

DSC00344

DSC00345

DSC00350

DSC00351


In the end we had a blast despite only being in the Big Apple for three days. I love how you can walk down the street & see fashion EVERYWHERE. I also love the vegan food scene. I'd love to live in such a splendid city!

The show has outtakes of us on the website. It may even be the first video to pop open with the link: the title of the outtake is "Paging Andrea Beaumont". As for reruns I don't know when they will be on, but the full episode is online for the time being: Season 2, episode 18 is on this page.

10 comments:

Annebeth said...

ah that looks like a blast! exciting and scary but awesome, and so great that you got to share it with your besties!

VeRo! said...

love your outfit..but the bride looks gorgeous with this dress!!
i totally adore your blog!! I am reading it and I cant get enough! well done!! Happy to follow you!

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

this is so exciting! your outfit was just perfect, too.

Caitlin said...

I think you picked a great outfit! And it's really exciting that you'll be on the show! You'll have to keep us updated on air dates and re-runs. :D

StreetChic said...

VERY NICE

Sick by Trend said...

amazing! love the brocades :D

xx

www.sickbytrend.com

Natasha said...

This is adorable!

I found your blog through a post you made on IFB and I'm really glad I did! I'm now following you & looking forward to new posts :)

xoxo
Natasha from The Chic Curve
http://www.TheChicCurve.com

SugarandChiffon said...

Sooo cool that you got to be on SYTTD! That show is so addicting. This is my first time visiting your blog, but I'm really excited to learn that you are based in Cleveland (me, too!). Can't wait to see more of your posts!

Mitzi Cocoa said...

That's so exciting! You all look lovely. I think that gold top suits your skintone very well.

Coury Combs said...

Ah! Such great moments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...